OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T
One of the most awaited smartphones of the year is finally here. The OnePlus 5 was officially launched in India on 22nd June 2017. There are two different counterparts for this smartphone currently available.
The 6 GB RAM / 64 GB ROM, the smartphone is available for a price of 32,999 Rupees, whereas the 8 GB RAM / 128 GB ROM, the smartphone is available for a price of 37,999 Rupees. You get the lower end version of OnePlus 5 in only slate gray colour and the higher end version in midnight black.
Unlike the case in the past, OnePlus is currently surrounded with several controversies regarding the cheat on benchmark scores. However, we will get back to this topic in another article.
You Might be Interested in Reading 😉 > Top 10 Best Selfie Smartphones
The biggest question that might arise in one’s mind while buying a OnePlus smartphone right now is, whether to go for the classic OnePlus 3 / OnePlus 3T or the new OnePlus 5.
Let us have a look at the reasons on why you should prefer anyone over the other.
Reasons for Choosing OnePlus 3T
- Lower price tag – The first thing that pops out in the competition is obviously the price tag on the devices. The OnePlus 5 (6GB RAM) version is priced nearly 3,000 Rupees more than the OnePlus 3T which costs 29,999 Rupees. The devices are available exclusively on Amazon.in in India.
If you wish to stick strictly below the 30,000 Rupees price range, you have no choice but to go for the OnePlus 3T. However, if you can dish out a 1,500 Rupees more and have an SBI Debit/Credit card, you can get the OnePlus 5 at nearly 31,500.
- Similar performance – Both the devices have almost similar top of the line specifications under day to day operations. Therefore, you can opt for the OnePlus 3T as a worthy contender regarding performance specifications.
- Great Reputation – The OnePlus 3T is a well-established smartphone in the market with little to no competition. It will take the OnePlus 5 a considerable amount of time before establishing trust in the minds of Hence, you can opt for the OnePlus 3T that has proven itself on the battle grounds.
- Choice of Colours – If the back cover colour of the device matters to you more, you can opt for the OnePlus 3T that offers Soft Gold, Gunmetal Grey, as well as Black colour However, if you do not mind added a little thickness to your device, you can go for a colourful designer cover for the OnePlus 5.
- Larger Battery Life – Surprisingly, although the OnePlus 3T is an older version, it comprises of a larger battery life (3400 mAh) compared to the OnePlus 5 that consists of a smaller (3300 mAh) battery. However, the difference is negligible, and the OnePlus 5 covers the distance in its slight more energy efficient Snapdragon 835 processor.
Reasons for Choosing OnePlus 5
- Dual Camera – The biggest selling feature of the OnePlus 5 is the dual camera set up on the rear. It consists of a 16-megapixel normal shooter as well as the 20-megapixel telephoto shooter. The aperture of the camera is increased slightly as well as the dynamic range is given a considerable boost.
The dual camera setup helps in adding depth to images making them naturally appealing to the eyes of the view. The telephoto lens allows you to zoom into a landscape without losing any quality. The camera on the OnePlus 5 is regarded as one of the best in the market competing with the cameras on Google Pixel and iPhone 7s.
- Snapdragon 835 Processor – If you are a geek for the test-bench scores, you might want to opt for the OnePlus 5 as it supports the best-seen scores of all times on all the test-benches. Currently, OnePlus is fighting the controversy of manipulating the test-bench scores on the new device somehow. Anyways, the Snapdragon 835 is definitely a tad faster and more energy efficient compared to the Snapdragon 821 on the OnePlus 3T.
- Longer Support from OnePlus – A little before the official launch of the OnePlus 5 device, OnePlus announced that they would stop manufacturing the OnePlus 3T. Therefore, OnePlus might soon run out of spare parts and essentials needed for the repair of the OnePlus 3T. Also, OnePlus 5 will definitely get updates on Android as well as Oxygen platforms for a longer time compared to the OnePlus 3T since it is the newer version.
- Sleek Design – The OnePlus 5 design quietly represents the sleek design of the iPhone 7s. In fact, it is nearly impossible to differentiate them when looked at from back without the logo. The phone is slightly slimmer compared to the OnePlus 3T.
- More RAM – If you do go for the OnePlus 5 (8 GB RAM version) you can get a considerably more amount of RAM. However, we do not advise you to go for it since it is almost impractical to have such a RAM on a smartphone device.
So, we have presented the reasons to consider both the devices. Check them out and decide on your choice accordingly. Do let us know in the comments, which phone you purchased, and why?